- This event has passed.
Energy Conservation in Mid-Century Modern Buildings Symposium
September 16, 2017, 10:00 am - 5:00 pm$30 - $100
Jointly sponsored by DoCoMoMo_Oregon and the Northwest Chapter of the Association for Preservation Technology, the Energy Conservation Workshop explores issues facing Mid-Century Modern buildings, educating participants on strategies and technical preservation issues involved through presentation of case studies, research, and practice.
Mid-Century Modern (MCM) buildings, more than any historic structure, have pushed researchers to find alternatives to resolving code, preservation, and contemporary use patterns and aesthetics. Famous for vast expanses of glass, experimental building materials, and notoriously energy-inefficient systems, Mid-Century Modern buildings are particularly vulnerable to the wrecking ball.
How can modern historic buildings comply with today’s energy conservation standards? Is it possible to maintain the integrity of the historic building materials and aesthetics while also meeting new energy conservation requirements?
Call for Presenters
Please submit proposals for presentations no later than Friday, June 30th, 2017 by 5:00PM. Include:
- A brief abstract of the your presentation (up to 350 words)
- Background information on speaker (up 150 words)
- Submit proposals to Tina Fuenmayor & David Kimble
Corporate Sponsor – $250. Includes:
- One complementary ticket
- Two additional tickets at a 50% discount
- Prominent logo exposure included on all printed and digital collateral, including: websites, social media, and event handouts
- Verbal recognition at the introduction of the symposium.
- Sponsorship contact: Brian Rich
What to Expect
- Moring coffee + treats
- Boxed lunch
- Six (6) AIA credits for your attendance
- Following the symposium from 5:30PM – 7:00PM join for a no-host happy hour
Thank You Sponsors!
- Richaven Architecture & Preservation
- Western Specialty Contractors
- Peter Meijer Architect, PC
- Versatile Wood Products
$85 APT/DoCo Members
Receive six (6) AIA Credits for your attendance
Have questions about Energy Conservation in Mid-Century Modern Buildings Symposium?
Cover image courtesy DoCoMoMo Oregon.